With a weight capacity up to 1,900 pounds, ORI’s STX struts are ideal for rock crawlers and other lightweight vehicles.
Conventional air shocks are typically set to a low ride height to prevent push-off, but then bottom-out quickly over bumps because of the low ride. Coil-overs are usually set close to full extension to help reduce body roll, but can present a high center of gravity problem when set at full extension. ORI Struts can be set at mid-stroke, both to absorb bumps and to drop out quickly over ruts, so there’s no trade-offs in performance and the operator can enjoy a comfortable ride at any speed.
Dump the sway bar, external bump stops and limit straps — ORI’s STX struts combine all these features in a single package.
STX Struts features:
- Dual-pressurized chambers that provide for unmatched body roll stability in fast turns and on off-camber side hills. Set them to mid-stroke ride height and you can still control body roll without pushing off.
- Specially designed compression damping valve that rushes oil back into the main cylinder 60 percent faster
- 3-stage, velocity-sensitive compression damping that changes your soft ride to firm compression damping as the speed of the piston shaft increases.
- Adjustable nitrogen gas pressures make the struts tunable, so you can choose a firm ride or loose articulation.
- 2-inch piston
- Compact design fits into tight spaces and makes many additional pieces of hardware unnecessary.
- Velocity-sensitive, 7-position externally adjustable rebound damping.
- Internal hydraulic bump stop on compression stroke.
- Hydraulic end-of-stroke cushioning at full extension.
- Cooling fins to dissipate heat and boost performance.
- Lightweight, high-strength construction, featuring billet 6061 aluminum, stainless, and carbon steel.
- Hard chrome steel cylinder and a tough 1¾-inch piston shaft.
- Teflon-lined spherical bearings for ½-inch and 5/8-inch mounting bolts.
- High-pressure 5,000-psi seals for extreme off-road use.
- Operating temperature range from -65° F to +285° F (-54° C to +140° C).
- Corrosion-resistant anodize outer coatings, ensuring years of performance.